Charming Sweden - part 01

A week ago we came back from a small family vacation in Sweden. Sweden isn't one of the hottest tourist destinations, and in our book store I couldn't even find a guide about it. There are a lot of places with much more spectacular and dramatic scenery and views, more attractions, and with richer histories. But all we wanted was a calm and cool place with simple nature close to our house, and a big city not very far away in case we missed urban life…. And, the most important element, a place where there was no need to rush around, nor run from attraction to attraction, but simply offered us the opportunity to escape from the heat and pressure here, and to find ourselves living in a different kind of world. In our farm cottage that we rented close to beautiful Stockholm we got this all, and much more! 
As usual on family trips I couldn't sketch everything I wanted to, but every page in my Swedish sketchbook reminds me of all those precious moments I had during this charming trip. 

I'll start with sketches done around or inside the house - honestly, I didn't need anything else: just to wake up every morning to this spectacular (for me!) view of the lake from our balcony, and to be minutes from a real forest full of smells, sounds, mushrooms, berries and memories of my childhood.

our charming cottage
during our first walk in the nearby forest - it was like going to back to the childhood!
not very successful fishing at our beautiful lake
on the right - view from our cottage window 
Here are some more sketches from the closest surrounding - small towns and villages, and again - lakes and forests!

center of Ekerö - small nearby town
drinking coffee in Ekerö main coffee shop - miss its bakery!
traveling around - at Tyresta National Park
Dalarö - one of the small villages on the Baltic sea 
 I'll tell you about our Stockholm trips in the next post. Meanwhile, you can find the entire Sweden sketchbook on flickr.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Findings from the Flea Market

About Me

MG Swap Sketching Experience