Tango dancers in Jaffa

Milonga in Jaffa, in the heart of the old city, between churches, minarets and synagogues, hummus and baklava eaters, fitted somehow perfectly to the colorful atmosphere of this place. Last year during our trip to South America, I was lucky to sketch milongueros in the place were tango was born - Buenos Aires. I was surprised to discover that our local community looked not less professional! Dancers came equipped with their dancing shoes, dressed as it supposed from tango dancers, in different ages and origins, but all burning from inside with similar passion, they created magic when they moved together with music.
It's so inspiring to see  a group of people united by common passion. Especially when they so beautiful as tango dancers! It took to me a while to start to sketching - I was fascinated and felt like sketching with my eyes. But after a few clumsy lines, little by little I entered to the pace... It was real fun!












Comments

  1. I LOVE your drawings! You are able to capture so much movement and attitude. I would love to watch you on a video to see how you work. I really enjoy following your blogs. Thank you.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. thank you, Bella! video is a nice idea, will think about making one

      Delete
  2. fun and vibrant drawing. excellent

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

Findings from the Flea Market

About Me

MG Swap Sketching Experience