Having fun with Arrtx acrylic markers
As a fan of mixed media and light materials I can take with me on the go, I love using acrylic markers!
So I was really happy to try a new product — the Arrtx Acrylic Markers, more specifically, their 60 Colors Direct Ink Acrylic Markers Set.
First of all — 60 colors is a lot! I’m used to working with a very limited palette, especially when I pack for urban sketching and try to keep things as light as possible. With 60 colors, you get around 10 variations of each color, with different values, saturation levels, and warm and cool hues. This allows me to work with the markers almost like I would with real paints!
Second — I love their brush tip and the smooth, stable ink flow, without needing to pump the marker.
The pigments vary — some are more opaque, others more transparent; some are highly saturated, while others are more “pastel.” I learned how each color behaves and how to use its strengths.
They also combine beautifully with other water-based tools — watercolor, gouache, and even Caran d’Ache Neocolor II pastels.
To sum it up — it was love at first sight! Arrtx acrylic markers have now become part of my everyday sketching toolkit. ❤️





Comments
Post a Comment