Day in Jerusalem

Last week a I had errands in Jerusalem and was lucky to spend some time at Machane Yehuda Market. Visiting Jerusalem, which is only one hour drive from my house, always feels to me visiting very far land. This city is not like any place, it has so many levels in any aspect, so each time I touch it, it feels like a magic, something I will never get to know, but it always will magnet me.
I think I can seat and absorb its citizens for a hours, but at some level I feel pity not trying to capture them in my sketchbook. So I did, sitting at one of the pubs in the middle of the market.



people are buying food for the holidays 
I love to sketch Hassidim in their fur hats

it's tradition to eat (and sleep) in nicely decorated Sukkah (kind of tent) during the Sukkot holidays

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Findings from the Flea Market

About Me

MG Swap Sketching Experience