Inktober 2021 - Musicians' portraits



This #inktober I decided to make for myself a challenge and also a treat – I created a list of musicians I like to create an everyday portrait of each one.

I love music. I love to draw human’s faces. To draw portraits of musicians I like seemed to me like a perfect task!

The tough thing about it was to do it everyday and to keep on! Some days I had higher energy and at some I didn’t have time or wasn’t in the mood. But little by little I started to get into the rhythm. I learned to be less demanding and perfectionist – I could allow myself to have one portrait less successful than another, because I had many others that were coming in the list.

And of course, the magic combination of drawing with music worked! Every day I had with me one of my favorite musicians, accompanying me everywhere and materializing at the end of the day to a couple of portraits.

I tried to push myself to the less expected, trying not to think about the result, but to get a new process. There are some portraits I invested a lot in and weren’t happy with the results, and in others I got nice finds almost by chance. This is a nice thing about a long-term project.

I had to skip drawing during two weekends, so I didn’t get to the end of my list and have some musicians left – will complete it one day, or maybe will draw them next inktober 😊

I'm posting here some of the portraits, if you want to see all the versions and also some process - go to my instagram and look for the #inktober 2021 hashtag.




Astor Piazzolla


Brad Mehldau


Buena Vista Social Club


Buika



Charles Mingus


Eli Degibri


Johann Sebastian Bach


Michael Nyman


Pyotr Ilyich Tchaikovsky

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

About Me

Findings from the Flea Market

MG Swap Sketching Experience