The routine of difficult times

I hate politics and don't like to listen to the news. I always joke that if the news will be important enough, they will find their way to me. Unfortunately, now the news found me and I found myself surfing at the news sites all over the web, desperate to find the answer. Actually, I'm tired to think and speak about it. I just hope so much that this war will end as soon as possible, that both sides will find another language except the language of force to talk to each other, I do believe there is a way to live together side by side.
You can say that sketching is a kind of escapism, but we all need to go on, so here they are, pieces of my routine.
yesterday cease-fire on the beach


playing games at home  
everyday alarms get us everywhere and they are part of our routine...

Comments

  1. My favourite is Marcos and Nuni playing mancala

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. thank you, Alex, darling :) my best models are always the best!

      Delete
  2. Keep drawing. Art is stronger than fear and hate. Thinking of you and wishing you to be safe.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hi Marina, I think about you all, over there. And we hope that this war will end as soon as possible. Then, I suggest to make a "sketching for peace" event. A Sketchcrawl that would gather people from each side in Israel and anywhere in the world. Mazel tov.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi Vincent and thanks a lot for your support! It's nice idea about the sketchcrawl. Unfortunately it'll be impossible to gather people from the both sides - we are defending ourselves not from the Arabs or Palestinians, but from Hamas, that wants nothing but to destroy us. These days it's problematic even to gather together because of bombing, but we're planning to meet next week anyway. Dreaming about peaceful days!

      Delete
  4. Hello Marina. As usually I really like your sketches. I think I’ve already written saying that they are my favourite kind of sketches. But I can’t avoid the subject of the war that is occurring in Gaza at this moment. I know that in this conflict one cannot divide this in good or bad. And no one is completely innocent. But it’s really disturbing, no matter what the reasons are, to see the strengths differences that are battling each other.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Hello Eduardo, I'm glad that you wrote. As i said, I hate politics and politicians and the last thing that I want, is to discuss this situation with my fellows sketchers. But believe me, there is no Israeli that don't desperate for peace. And believe me that my heart is ripped when i see innocent people dying from the both sides. This conflict isn't complicate for explain, but complicated for solve, at least for now, as since the state of Israel was established we have no partner for peace.
    I admire your works as well. We, sketchers, created a model for a perfect community, dreaming that world will be better place one day!

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

Findings from the Flea Market

About Me

MG Swap Sketching Experience